Monday, October 26, 2020


Photos taken at Monreale Abbey, outside Palermo







Serendipity: I'm finishing up my A to Z Sicily post and I learned that one of my favorite travel guide companies, Context Travel, is offering 8 virtual classes on Sicily!  And, one class, 'Sicily Through the Centuries: An Introduction' is being hosted by Cetty Spoto, the wonderful guide I had in Palermo!  (see my previous post devoted to Palermo for more on Cetty.)  

There is still space available in all of the classes as I type this, but one, on Sicilian Baroque Art, is scheduled for tomorrow so I urge you take a look if you have even the slightest interest.  Two are cooking classes (one on cannoli and the other on arancini) and I guarantee that every single class is a winner.  If you're not already familiar with Context, make a mental note to remember the company when we're all traveling again (and we will be) because you will want to reserve a tour.  

Among the many accolades Context has received are these, from Afar ("A great day tour combines an interesting topic, a fascinating place, and an engaging tour leader.  And that's exactly what you'll get when you book a tour with Context Travel") and Newsweek ("The second most useful bit of advice was from a representative of Context Travel, a service that provides scholars as guides.  To take a tour with Context Travel is to take a virtual graduate seminar in architecture or art.  Her advice was to go deep, to look at something we were familiar with, but to look at it carefully and for a long time."). 

Andiamo!  I signed up for Cetty's class on 18 November at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time - maybe I'll see you there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment